Mozzeria is preparing for its launch this late Fall. We are now preparing “Back of House”, a term that refers to the Kitchen.
We will serve traditional and non-traditional wood burning pizzas. In addition to pizzas, Mozzeria will also serve small plates and pasta. Who loves breakfast on late morning? I do! So, we just decided to add Brunch every Sunday. We will also have a lunch menu on Saturdays.
We are seeking a Lead Cook who will lead the kitchen staff. This person needs to be passionate, responsible, and a self-starter.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience cooking in high volume.
• Ability to cook excellent food with a flair for presentation (Italian pasta and small plates)
• Oversee kitchen staff and daily cafe operations.
• Applicants must have respect for seasonal ingredients, and a passion for food.
• Assisting with ordering, prep lists and menu development.
• Knowledge of and adherence to safe food handling procedures at all times.
• Must be able to respond calmly to stressful conditions, and be able to work at a fast pace.
• Ability to work independently, and be self-motivated.
• Must be able to lift, carry, pull or push up to 50 pounds to perform the duties of the job, as well as reach, bend and stoop frequently.
• Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
• Strong interpersonal skills, and able to work harmoniously with co-workers.
• Acts as a role model to other employees and present oneself as a team member, and encourage others to do so also.
• Cleans and organizes work station and surrounding areas as necessary.
• Stores, labels, date, and rotate all foods (FIFO).
• Is appropriately groomed and wears approved clothing at all times.
• Performs additional duties as assigned.
• Be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Knowledge of American Sign Language is a plus.